Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Monday

- Had the opportunity to preach yesterday at church. I spent time in Luke 19 looking at Palm Sunday and the things Jesus did on or around that day. With 6 days left He lived out His passions. Bill Hybels describes passion as something that grabs you by the throat and won't let you go until you do something about it. Anyway, we looked at how Jesus was passionate about reaching the outcast ... those no one else is reaching (story of Zaccheus). We lookved at how Jesus was passionate about using US to do His work (story of the talents). And, we looked at how Jesus is passionate about BEING worshipped (triumphal entry). He's the only one truly worthy of our worship and He loves is when we say "Jesus, you're the star of the show." The challenge was to think about if we only had 6 days left to live (like Jesus did at this time) how would we spend those 6 days? If we spent them living out the passions of Jesus, it would probably be the best 6 days of our life! I woke up this morning asking Jesus to give me His passions.


- I also woke up this morning to a couple inches of snow. Yuck! I like snow, but not in April.

- Shop "vac'ed" another 5 or 6 gallons of water from the basement last night. It's getting fixed this weekend and this weekend can't come soon enough for me! I've been becoming WAY too familiar with my Shop Vac.

- Did a 9 mile run this weekend. It was a little more difficult than I was expecting, but was able to finish it. I have a 10 mile run scheduled for Saturday and only 4 weeks left before the half marathon. I'm actually looking forward to it!

- Miscellaneous Information for the Day: I was talking to a friend of my who has some cows. He told me that their cows poop 90 pounds of poop A DAY! Oh my word! That's a lot of poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive