Friday, February 27, 2009

We Made It

Finally made it to the National Youth Ministries Conference. I had my doubts there for a while! The morning started at 6:30am when I got up for my 7 mile run. Carol also had MOPS this morning plus getting things ready for the trip plus getting breakfast for Ezra plus getting the kids ready for MOPS plus getting herself ready for MOPS ... long story short ... I stayed at the gym longer than I planned to and should have been home earlier so I could help Carol get things ready. Well, that started the morning out in the wrong way, but we worked through that and are back to our "cuddly" selves. :)

Got home and had to get ready for a funeral this morning. Remember that 7 mile run I mentioned? I was sweating like a dog afterwards, which meant the seat in my car was a little sweat drenched. I didn't realize that until AFTER I got out of the car for the funeral and thought to myself "My butt feels wet." Wouldn't you know it ... there was a big, and I mean BIG, ring of wetness around my butt from my sweaty seat! Gross. So, I'm walking around this funeral with a wet butt.

I survived that and came home only to find Ezra and Mercy both crying when they got home. Yikes! Needless to say, leaving for the trip was getting a bit crazy at this point. We finally dropped Ezra off and started our way to OH. The trip was 3 1/2 hours and Mercy cried for about an hour and a half of it! Oh my word, I was starting to go crazy. We pulled over a few times to try to calm her down. Finally, she started to calm down and we made it to the hotel at 6:45pm.

The first session was really good. This conference makes announcements fun and funny! The speakers, Alex and Brett Harris really did great and challlenged us that teenagers today are able to understand the "big" things of God and God is able to use them to do big things! It was a great encouragement.

I haven't had time to check anything else out yet, but am looking foward to doing that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive