Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daddy-Daughter Dance

One of my favorite things at Grace Community has been the Daddy-Daughter Dance we've been doing for the past couple of years. I'm convinced my pastor growing up is turning over in his grave hearing that our church hosts a dance! But, he's probably dancing in heaven right now, so maybe he's happy we're having dances.

It is so cool for me to see dads investing in their daughters ... dressing up, taking them out, dancing with them ... from the very first year that we did it, I fell in love with this event. Here are a few pictures.









Not only was it cool to see dad's loving on their daughters, it was also cool to see kids from axis putting on the dance. They did most of the decorating, set up, tear down ... and a ton of dancing too! Here are a few songs from the play list:
- I Like to Move It from Madagascar
- U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
- Nobody's Perfect by Hannah Montana
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson
- Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
- Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman (Now that I have a daughter, I actually cried during that song).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive