Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random "Dad" Thoughts

- I'm a huge fan of sports but I'm not a huge fan of some of the arrogance that can be found in sports ... especially when athletes refer to themselves in the third person. But, what I've discovered since being a dad is that I refer to myself in the third person ALL the time now: "Ezra, you want daddy to ready you a book?" "Ezra, daddy's going to chase you." "Ezra, do you want to watch the Steelers with daddy?" I would never talk to anyone else that way. "Carol, you want Rich to chase you?" OK, bad example! lol.

- I've only been the father of a daughter for 5 days, but I'm already thinking about how protective I'm going to be of her when the "boys" come calling. Keep your hands off my daughter!

- Since spending time at home this week, I have once again been reminded that our kids watch us all the time. Ezra wants to do everything his daddy does (just dropped a third person on ya). We've had lots of snow lately and he's seen me shoveling ... or as he says "fuffel." Here he is wanting to help daddy "fuffel."




- I will do my best to teach my kids the Bible and pray that they'll believe God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do based on the truths of the Bible ... but I also know my kids' view of God will largely be based on me ... how I treat them, how I respond to them, how I engage with them. What an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive