Thursday, January 15, 2009

The "Pains" of Childbirth

It's hard to believe that one week ago today Mercy came in to this world. When she was born Carol was in labor for over 18 hours. When Ezra was born she was in labor for over 12 hours. In both cases, because the labor was progressing so slowly, she had to be given a drug called pitocin to speed things up a bit. Pitocin works ... but it causes the contractions to be longer and more severe. I think they used pitocin at Guantanamo Bay because it just looked like she was being tortured! I saw the pain she was in and it was such a helpless feeling because there was absolutlely nothing I could do. During that time I remember being amazed at my wife ... her strength and tenacity to pull through this. But, I also I remember thinking, “I am so glad I am not a woman!” There is no way I could ever go through that!

The Bible says in Romans 8:20 - 22 we live on an earth that has been given to the devil. This creation, this world we live in is in bondage and it is groaning as in the pains of childbirth because it is under the rule of the enemy. I saw the pain and the tears and the utter exhaustion my wife went through during childbirth and the Bible says that all of creation is under the same pain and sheds the same tears and suffers the same exhaustion and it just cries out for relief from the rule of Satan. Satan only knows how to create pain. He only knows how to create hurt, disappointment, suffering. His only purpose is to "steal, kill, and destroy." That's all he knows. Don't fall for the lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive