Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Monday

- It's good to be back in the office after a week off. I feel refreshed, but also in a bit of a "fog." After a week of very interrupted sleep, my head is a bit cluttered, but this was also one of the more refreshing times I've had away from the office. I'm ready to get back to it.

- Had really good services at church yesterday. I walked away personally challenged to rely more and more on the Holy Spirit (our "unfair" advantage) and to think "Why not us?" I want to make a difference in the lives of teenagers and I want our teenagers to make a difference in their world. I constantly want to check my motives on this too because I don't want it to become some sort of "pride" thing ... "Hey, look at what MY kids are doing." Yuck! I truly want them to reach their friends, their classmates, their teammates so that we can see people come to Jesus. I want to do the same thing in my world too.

- I've been blown away by this plane that was "ditched" in to the Hudson River last week. Captain Scully ... wow! Talk about split second decision making and using your experience. No offense against "young" pilots or anything like that, but if a plane I'm on is going down toward the Hudson River, I want my pilot to have a little "gray" in his hair. I've been in full-time youth ministry for 6 1/2 years now and I hope that I can use my experience to pull through the difficult times and to move us forward as well.

- ... OK ... still thinking about the plane ... Airplanes are designed to withstand lightning strikes ... but a flock of geese can cause one to crash. I guess technology can only do so much.

- My Steelers are going to the Super Bowl! Man, that was a fun game to watch. We had some girls from axis stop by before the game started ... not to watch the game, but to see Mercy. It was great to have them over. We also had one of the guys from axis stay and watch the game with us. He got a glimpse of his youth pastor getting angry and screaming at the TV at times. :) Mercy cried the ENTIRE second half ... I mean the E-N-T-I-R-E time. I think she was just upset over the ball that Limas Sweed dropped for a TD. But, man, I'm pumped they are on their way to Tampa. I'll be nervous for 2 weeks ... but I'm glad to have more time to wear my Steelers jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive